COURSES / SEMINARY
SECTARIANISM & IDEOLOGIES
Abu Hurayrah narrated that Allah’s Messenger ﷺ said:
“The Jews split into seventy-one sects, or seventy-two sects, and the Christians similarly, and my Ummah will split into seventy-three sects.”
– [Jami’ At-Tirmidhi, Kitab Al-Iman]
Tuesdays, commences on 10 Feb 2022
7.45pm – 9.30pm
Ustaz Taufiq Bin Radja Nurul Bahri
As a Muslim living in this digital age, we quickly realize, thanks to the influx of information, that the global Muslim community is diverse. We are diverse in terms of our cultures and our geographical locations and so on, but what becomes apparent and a seemingly much more interesting point of reference is the various ideologies and sectarian inclinations that we might be subscribed to, voluntarily or otherwise, as an Ummah. This raises questions and doubts for many Muslims. How can we be one united Ummah when there is so much debate going on about our ideological preferences that have an impact on the most crucial aspects of our theology?
One by-product of ideologies is that they tend to amplify the differences between individuals so much so that they create separate identities to categorize people into different groups. This creates the vision of separation and disunity within a collective, causing conflict and tension. How do we deal with this reality? How should we posit ourselves in the global Muslim community? What really matters when it comes to the purity of our faith and the sanctity of God’s religion?
These are imperative questions that will clarify our doubts so that we can move forward as a strong community that is crystal clear about its objectives and its direction, one that is mature in its dealings concerning valid differences in our religious discourse.
Join Ustaz Taufiq to learn more about religious sectarianism and ideologies.
• There are no prior qualifications required to attend this course.
• Students are required to have access to internet on the day of tutorials.
Standard: $55 | Concession: $45
1. Concessions are valid for full-time students, NSFs, senior citizens aged above 65, the unwaged, people of disabilities and those require financial aid. If you need a full concession, please register below and reply to the registration email that you would like to request for a full concession.
2. Payments (to be made after registering) of any amount may with the following methods:
PayNow to UEN no. T13LL2451C or bank transfer to DBS digital/current bank account no. 003-954778-1
Reference ‘Seminary‘ during the transaction.
3. Students are required to complete payment of fees within 48 hours after online registration. Registration will only be confirmed upon completion of payment. Please email us for payment extension.
4. Instalment plan available. You may drop us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request for an instalment payment plan after registering.
5. Each ticket is for per participant. Please do not share the registration with your family/friend.
If the options has ‘Expired’ / ‘Fully-booked’, drop us an email (email@example.com) with your full name, contact no. and type of fees (Standard/Concession) for us to include you in the registration.