COURSES / SEMINARY
REASON & REVELATION
“Most surely, We have sent down to you a Scripture, in which there is mention of you! Will you not then use reason?”
– [Surah Al-Anbiya-, Ayat 10]
Tuesdays, commences on 19 Oct 2021
7.45pm – 9.30pm
Ustaz Taufiq Bin Radja Nurul Bahri
The Quran is established to be the primary source of our religion. Revealed to mankind through The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ and introduced to us as God’s Speech, we calibrate ourselves by the standards of The Quran. Understanding God’s revelation has never been as straightforward as some might make it out to be, and that is precisely because contexts are required to be discovered and studied, before conclusions can be crystallized. The study of The Quran is not like the study of any other literature, because the owner of those words is not any mere creation of God, but rather, it is God Himself.
Understanding the unique nature of The Quran, one might garner interest to enquire concerning The Quran’s perspective on reason. As seekers of truth and methodical thinkers, we would have internalized the realization that the human development of thought is not as robust and reliable as we may perceive. We are in a constant state of thinking and re-evaluating our prior conclusions, through acquiring knowledge, in an attempt to seek clarity and ultimately, to reach the truth. When God Himself speaks to us, we understand that our ability to reason can transcend new heights, but that is only if we are docile enough to learn from God.
The question of reason and revelation has oftentimes been misrepresented as a stark dichotomy. God, however, informs us, through His Revelation, that reason is a necessary tool for us to reach the truth that The Quran presents. The Quran is divine revelation, with reason.
Join Ustaz Taufiq to learn The Quran’s perspective on reason.
• There are no prior qualifications required to attend this course.
• Students are required to have access to internet on the day of tutorials.
Standard: $55 | Concession: $45
1. Concessions are valid for full-time students, NSFs, senior citizens aged above 65, the unwaged, people of disabilities and those require financial aid. If you need a full concession, please register and reply to the registration email that you would like to request for a full concession.
2. Payments (to be made after registering) of any amount may with the following methods:
Bank transfer to DBS digital/current bank account no. 003-954778-1 or PayNow to UEN no. T13LL2451C. Reference ‘Seminary‘ during the transaction.
3. Students are required to complete payment of fees within 48 hours after online registration. Registration will only be confirmed upon completion of payment. Please email us for payment extension.
4. Instalment plan available. You may drop us an e-mail (email@example.com) to request for an instalment payment plan after registering.
5. Each ticket is for per participant. Please do not share the registration with your family/friend.
If the options has ‘Expired’ / ‘Fully-booked’, drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your full name, contact no. and type of fees (Standard/Concession) for us to include you in the registration.