COURSES / MASTERCLASS
“…those with deviant hearts follow the elusive verses seeking [to spread] doubt through their [false] interpretations — but none grasps their [full] meaning except Allah. As for those well-grounded in knowledge, they say: “We believe in this [Quran] — it is all from our Lord.” But none will be mindful [of this] except people of reason.”
– [Surah Ali ‘Imran, Ayat 7]
Sunday, 31 October 2021
2pm – 5pm
This course will be conducted online on Google Meet.
Ustaz Taufiq bin Radja Nurul Bahri
The seeking of truth is not always a journey that is linear and straightforward. Oftentimes we encounter and even pursue various perspectives of our own religion, in an attempt to sufficiently understand the various methods of deciphering the truth that our religion holds. After considerable thought and continuous seeking of knowledge, we would have arrived at some conclusions that help us shape our own vision and our own path forward to progress in our spiritual journey towards living a fulfilling life as a servant of God. However, when one is unable to distinguish between the sound and authentic sources and interpretation of religion from those that are defected, the line between truth and falsehood gets blurry, and the human misinterpretations of some religious sources lead some to form deformed views on religion.
When religious thought becomes corrupt, sectarian doctrines begin to emerge from all corners of the world in an attempt to stake a claim on the global narrative of religion, so that they can get some limelight to air their views and doctrines to the world. One who is not equipped with the necessary understanding of the fundamentals of our religion nor the critical thinking skills that are fostered by true religious thought, are prone to buy the arguments of those who seek to create discord among the people through religious misinterpretation and sectarian manipulation.
Points Of Discussion Include:
• False Claims: Religious Deviance & Their Claimants
• Fabricated Reports: Lying To Attempt To Validate Sectarian Doctrines
• Syncretism & Perennialism: The Undermining of Religious Foundations Through The Neglect of Key Religious Principles
• Esotericism & Odd Interpretations: Twisting The Tongue of Religion
There is a lot to unpack in our MasterClass for the month of October, as we attempt to understand how sectarian groups find a way to undermine key religious principles and fundamentals to form an alternative framework that holds little weight, yet attracts the attention and support of many.
This MasterClass, we study the misfits of the religion. Those who seek reform while their ideas are deformed.
Registrants are required to have access to internet on the day of the course. Registrants will be required to turn off their audio/video visibility. We will be sharing an invitation link to all registrants 1 day prior to the course.
1. Concessions are valid for full-time students, NSFs, senior citizens aged above 65, the unwaged, people of disabilities and those require financial aid. If you need a full concession, please register and reply to the registration email that you would like to request for a full concession.
2. Payments (to be made after registering) of any amount may with the following methods:
Bank transfer to DBS digital/current bank account no. 003-954778-1 or PayNow to UEN no. T13LL2451C. Reference ‘Seminary‘ during the transaction.
3. Students are required to complete payment of fees within 48 hours after online registration. Registration will only be confirmed upon completion of payment. Please email us for payment extension.
4. Instalment plan available. You may drop us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request for an instalment payment plan after registering.
5. Each ticket is for per participant. Please do not share the registration with your family/friend.
Upon registration, you will receive an automated email with details for bank transfer. Please do so immediately to confirm you registration. If you did not receive the email, do allow 3-5 minutes and check your Spam/Junk folder. You may email to email@example.com if you did not receive any email.
If the registration option displays ‘Expired’, please email your registration details (name, contact no. and type of fees) to firstname.lastname@example.org.